In a clarification, CBSE has answered some of the important queries on NEET 2016 like the date of the next phase and who is eligible to appear for the entrance test. Here are some important FAQs regarding NEET 2016:
Q: What is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)?
A: For the current year, the All India Pre-Medical/Pre- Dental Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for 15% all India seats has been changed to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test as per the directives of the Supreme Court of India delivered in various decisions on NEET
Q: What is NEET I ?
A: The All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Examination held on May 1, 2016 has been considered as Phase I of NEET
Q: What is NEET II?
A. This is the second phase of NEET only for the current year to give the opportunity to the candidates to appear in NEET as stated in the judgment delivered by the Supreme Court of India on NEET
Q. Through NEET against which seats admissions will be made
A. NEET 2016 is applicable for admissions to the following:-All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats where the
- State Government concerned so opts
- Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University
Q. Who can apply for NEET II?
A. Following candidates can apply in NEET 2016 Phase II:
- Left out candidates who could not register in AIPMT-2016/NEET I
- Candidates who were registered in AIPMT 2016/NEET I but could not appear in NEET I
- Candidates who were registered in AIPMT 2016/NEETI and had appeared but have apprehension that they had not prepared well subject to submission of an undertaking to give up their candidature for NEET I
Q. Is there any change in the pattern of AIPMT and NEET?
A. NO. There is no change in the pattern of AIPMT and NEET
Q. Is there any change in the syllabus of AIPMT and NEET?
A. NO. There is no change in the syllabus of AIPMT and NEET
Q. Whether the examination will be offline or online?
A. NEET 2016 Phase 2 will be an offline pen and paper test
Q. What is the examination date for NEET – II 2016?
A. The date of examination is July 24, 2016 (Sunday)
Q. How to remit fee for NEET – II 2016?
A. The examination fee for NEET – II 2016 can be remitted in the following manner:
- Online payment through Debit/Credit Card
- Payment through e-Challan at the branches of HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Syndicate Bank/State Bank of India/Canara Bank/e-wallet(CSC)
Q. From which date the NEET II, 2016 forms will be available?
A. The Online application for NEET 2016 will be available from May 26, 2016
Q. Last date to fill NEET 2016 Phase 2 application form
A. June 21, 2016 (if exam fee is paid through e-challan) June 25, 2016 (if exam fee is paid through online)
Q. What is the scheduled date for web hosting of Admit Cards for NEET-II, 2016?
A. The tentative schedule of hosting of Admit Cards is July 8, 2016.
Q. When will be the result of NEET-II, 2016 declared?
A. Expected date is August 17, 2016.